I was tagged in this meme by Claire over at Mummy of Many Talents. She has asked me the following 11 questions:
Here are the 11 questions Claire asked me:
1) If you had the power to make one thing better, what would it be?
I know it's lame, but I would sort out world politics, international relations. Get rid of corrupt governments and give people in other countries a chance at a fairer future.
2) What makes a great blog?
I think it is speaking your mind. I like to write about topics I feel other people would be interested in, and possibly disagree with. The blogs I enjoy reading the most are original and engaging. Often personal experience is the hardest to write about, but the most interesting for others.
3) What was the inspiration that brought your blog to the blogosphere?
I started blogging to prove to my husband that it was possible! My main inspiration was Alyson over at Alyson's blog. She writes in such a beautiful way and leaves you asking questions which really get you really thinking about life.
4) SAHM or Working mum?
Neither. I am a full-time mature student at university studying philosophy, politics and economics. I treat it as a full-time job and in reality, I see my children less than I did when I was working 34 hours a week which is sad. I still get my day off with them in the week and every weekend. Luckily I get to see them lots more in the summer holidays!
5) Favourite blog post that you have read over the last week?
It would have to be that of the lovely Lucy over at Attic24. I love reading this blog - it is so colourful, bright and easy to read. I have started adding more elements of colour to my own home since I started reading this blog. 6) What easily ticks you off (puts you in a bad mood quickly)?
Bad driving. I have to drive 100 miles a day to Uni and I seem to encounter an awful lot of bad driving!
7) How many children do you have?
Two - a girl who will be one in March and a boy who will be three in March.
8) Is there anything you have ever regretted writing on your blog?
I wrote a post called Time for a tummy tuck? based on a conversation I had read on Facebook a few days earlier. I didn't tell the person I was going to write it and I think I should have.
9) What’s your favourite blog post you have written this year so far.
My favourite post this year is on making a relationship work. It is based on an entertaining frustrating experience when we had just got married. Obviously there is not much of this year to choose from!
10) Do you ever enter other bloggers competitions, and have you ever been lucky?
I have entered a few but only won once - a Hoppy Hopper which my son adores!
11) What was your last blog post about?
It was a Silent Sunday entry - a picture from a wedding we attended in Canterbury Cathedral this weekend. My husband and I had a (very) rare trip away and it was such a wonderful wedding. The service took place in the crypt, which sounds a bit creepy but it was beautiful.
Here are the 11 questions I am asking the people I have tagged.
1. What age were you when you had your first kiss?
2. How long have you been with your partner for?
3. Chocolate or crisps?
4. What do you most enjoy doing in your spare time?
5. How old were you when you had your first child?
6. Which famous person do you find the most attractive?
7. Do you like any sports or follow any specific teams?
8. What or who is your inspiration in life?
9. Do you have any pets and, if not, would you like any?
10. How long have you been writing a blog for?
11. What are your top parenting tips for others?
And here are the people I'm tagging to answer my questions:
Jennifer at Jennifer's Little World
Sarah at This is me... Sarah Mum of Three
Frankie at Frankie Parker...trying to adjust to being a SAHM....
Hannah at Cupcake Mumma
Sonia at Mummy Loves...
Sorry if you've been tagged before, or don't do memes!