I was recently sent a Black and Decker Deluxe Steam Mop to review. Our house has predominantly laminate or tiled floors so getting our old-school mop out in order to clean takes time and, lets be honest, effort. So I thought the idea of a steam mop, where you simply add water and go, sounded great. We have two cats and two children so there is a steady stream of mess and dirt which travels through our house. I was interested to see if this would have much impact.
What they say
- Deep Clean, Hassle Free
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria and germs- no chemicals required.
- Removable, easy to fill water tank – just add tap water, no chemicals required! In-built water filtering system – protects the steam mop from lime scale for longer life.
- Ready to use in 15 seconds! Tank illumination changes from red to blue when the steam mop is ready for use.
- Digital AutoSelect™ Technology - select the correct floor type, the right amount of steam is released and floors will dry in seconds
- Extra Steam on Demand – steam boost releases 50% more steam for cleaning stubborn dirt.
- Swivel Steering - 180⁰ pivoting mop head manoeuvres around furniture and in tight spaces.
- Self-standing feature + steam automatically shuts off when locked in the upright position.
- Easy Glide™ Micro Fibre pad for ultimate pick up performance, lasts over 100 wash cycles.
- Multi-purpose portable steam cleaner – uses the power of steam to clean grease, burnt on foods and grime with ease. Professional cleaning attachments included
Easy to put together and use.
Simple but effective - the results are great.
It is easy to clean the mop head, you simply pop it into the washing machine and it is done.
It takes up less space than a mop and bucket.
It struggled with stubborn stains.
It didn't dry as quickly as I would have hoped. It took around five minutes to fully dry.
Would I buy it?
Yes. I would definitely consider it. It makes cleaning take far less time and gets better results than if I had got the mop and bucket out. It also didn't get the floor as wet as when I use the mop.
The RRP is £119.99 which is quite expensive, but if you have a lot of surfaces which are not carpeted, I would highly recommend that the time this saves you could be worth the price tag!
To find out more about the mop, click here.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network , a group of parent bloggers picked by Mumsnet to review products, services, events and brands. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.