We have had a good week. We were lucky enough to go to Center Parcs on holiday last week and we had a fantastic time. A full review will follow later this week. It was wonderful spend time with family and friends. There were four generations of our family there, which is quite a feat. We tried new experiences, pushed ourselves and the children adored swimming at least once a day. On our return we have enjoyed trips to the park and feeding the ducks. I also got a little bit of DIY done. Yesterday I had two wisdom teeth taken out under general anaesthetic, so you must excuse any serious grammar errors, I can blame it on the painkillers!
Here is what has made me happy this week:
- Scaling new heights. I took part in tree-trekking at Centre Parcs and it was fantastic, quite an adrenaline rush!
- My daughter rushed straight up to the top of the adventure playground. She is only two but fears nothing (well, aside from bees)
- Eating out together. We had a wonderful lunch at the Pancake House. The boy's savoury pancake disappeared in minutes. I need to cook more pancakes at home!
- A trip in a pedalo on the lake. It didn't matter that it was raining, we still had fun looking at all the ducks swimming around.
- Painkillers! I got my very own NHS goody bag as I left hospital with plenty to keep the pain at bay.
- Starting and finishing a book which was not academic or for university. It felt great. It is a good book and very easy to read.
- I put my first ever light fitting up. I have always watched my Dad or uncle do it for me but I wanted to attempt it on my own. I was very proud!
- Watching my husband give the girl a shoulder ride home. They adore each other!
- The boy running to the park when we got home. It looks so much greener than it did only a week ago!
- Feeding the ducks. The girl attempted to feed them grass when we ran out of bread but they weren't very impressed!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.