This week seems to have flown by. The children have enjoyed that their friends have been off school too, so they have all been able to play together. I was relieved to finally have a weekend at home. I ended up spending a night at my Grandma's at the weekend. We haven't visited in a while and both the children and I love it there. It is just such a relaxing house and it is nice to be able to help out with the B&B side of things. Our son loves serving guests their breakfast. It makes me slightly nervous that their breakfast will end up on their laps, but it is hard not to let him help! So, here is what has made me happy this week:
- The mixture of sun and heavy cloud has left us with some really dramatic skies. I love it when the sun's rays peek through the cloud, reminding us that it is still there!
- Wildlife. The children have been trying to find the eggs which the childminder's hens have been laying all around her garden. Each day is a new egg treasure hunt!
- Watching busy bees getting as much pollen as they can from the flowers in full bloom.
- Going down to the river near my Grandma's. The children ran as soon as they saw the water.
- We caught little fish and then walked over the stepping stones in the background.
- We were sent some limited edition royal baby memorabilia by Persil. It made me examine my Grandma's royal memorabilia china collection. She has loads and it was really interesting to see. The one at the front of this picture is from when Prince William was born.
- Bubbles over the fields. The children whooped, squealed and ran around chasing them.
- Sunset, beer and a book. A seriously relaxing Saturday evening.
- Picking fresh produce from my Grandma's garden. The peas taste so sweet, and I swear the boy ate about a pound of raspberries straight from the bush!
- These amazing sweet peas from my Grandma. The smell is absolutely delightful and is filling my kitchen.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.