This week has been an interesting one. I had confirmation that I had been made redundant, which is good. I have been on a career break since starting university and, whilst it is nice having a job to return to, I wasn't sure that I wanted to go back. It also means I can start doing some freelance work and earn a bit of money to top up my student loan. The boy started school today and I was really rather emotional, which I hadn't expected! So the past week has involved getting uniform, school shoes, occasional treats and a weekend at home as a family, our first all summer!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- I made some long overdue curtains to cover the storage in our kitchen, which previously had just looked messy. I still need to sew them up at the bottom, but progress was made!
- Getting a very rare treat from Betty's after we had bought the boy's new school shoes.
- The children being back at the childminders, and getting a moment to catch up on all the washing from our various holidays!
- My new vacuum cleaner. I bought this with my redundancy money from work and it is amazing, so very, very quiet!
- I attempted making my first ever PE bag for my son for school. It was such a success, that a friend asked me to make one for her daughter. So I have discovered that I make nice PE bags!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.