Another week has passed by without me starting work on my dissertation and I am beginning to panic a little. I need to go into university to visit the library, but I don't seem to have a day when I am able to go at the moment. Hopefully next week I can drive over. We have had nearly a week of not having a cooker or hob. The plumber did his part, but we need the electrician before we can actually cook properly again. We bought a slow cooker today, so at least we can actually cook some fresh meals. I still haven't quite got into the swing of the school run. Most days I turn up without having had any breakfast, or having not yet dried my hair! Hopefully once I am back at university we will get into a routine quickly. Well, to be honest, we will have to!
However, I seem to be grumbling a little, which is unlike me, so I had best get on with what has made me happy this week...
- Discovering that my daughter doesn't like the biscuit part of iced gems! It made me giggle when I came back and found them lined up like this.
- A bit of demolition work. Aside from dropping a hammer on my foot, I did a good job and made enough space for the new oven to slot into.
- Early mornings. The first picture of the mist on the hills makes me very aware that autumn is here!
- The second picture was taken on my way to Blog Summit Manchester, which was fantastic. Really useful, amazing and inspirational speakers made it an excellent event.
- We went on a lovely long walk on Sunday morning and discovered this sheep bench, along with this lone cow eating grass in a field.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.