This week was a bit of a washout at the start for me. I managed to come down with a horrid bug, which kept me in bed for the first half of the week. Luckily that has gone now, so I can concentrate on getting my head down and cracking on with my uni work, of which there is lots! We had a really nice weekend and our children played wonderfully together on Sunday at a friend's house and we were both very proud parents! Can you tell it doesn't happen all that often? We also had my mum staying for the majority of last week, which was really lovely, not least because it meant that we had cooked meals for us most evenings! It will be Christmas before we get to see her again, so I hope we made the most of it.
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- Beautiful autumnal colours. I love nature!
- Reading a book in peace. The one good thing about spending time in bed ill is getting to read a book. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first two.
- Feeding the ducks. It was pouring with rain, so we sheltered under a bridge to feed the ducks, some of them were a little more inquisitive than others, but they were all very hungry!
- Laughing at myself. I will never again leave a candle on top of a lit log burner!
- My daughter's new hat which she chose by herself. I want one too.
- Going on a lovely long walk together. Even the rain didn't put us off and the kids thought this waterfall was amazing.
- This beautiful, graceful swan. They are just so stunning.
- This amazingly tempestuous sunrise. I didn't even apply a filter to this picture!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.