Aside from some rubbish news from student finance this week, it has been a good week. I feel like I am starting to get control back again, keeping on top of university work and other things I need to do. It is a relief to feel well again and crack on with work. We went away with my best friend and her family this weekend which was really wonderful. We stayed in a new youth hostel and it was excellent. We have yet to stay in a bad youth hostel! This week I only need to go into university once due to strikes by the teaching staff, which I understand, but are still slightly frustrating when I am paying for their teaching.
Anyway, I digress, here is what has made me happy this week...
- I had a lightbulb moment on Wednesday last week. Just looking around at the scenery and realising how much I love living up here.
- Coming across a countryside traffic jam. These cows were on their way to be milked and they looked in a bit of a hurry to get there. I don't mind being held up by this kind of traffic jam, in fact, I positively love it.
- Starting work on my dissertation, which is on whose responsibility childhood obesity is. It's really interesting, although slightly depressing!
- Trying new things. I drank this coconut and pomegranate water in the common room the other day and it tastes delicious.
- Some beautiful sunrises. I love the way the sun peeks over this hill in the morning.
- Watching the childminder's chickens. This cockerel was trying to impress the hen, but she was having none of it!
- Time away with family and friends. We went to a Youth Hostel in the National Forest to celebrate my birthday this week, you can read my review here.
- We had great fun outdoors, including a fantastic game of off-ground tag and a mammoth leaf-throwing session!
- This reflection in a puddle. Making the most of looking at the beautiful things in an ordinary and slightly depressing puddle!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.