What has made me happy - week 88
This week started well. I went to see Beyonce with a friend from university. It was a brilliant concert. I want to be Beyonce when I grow up! I had a good week at university and it was my daughter's birthday. We had a party at the weekend which was ok. The only downside to the party was that one mum left her three year old son (who I don't really know) and he was an absolute terror. He was mean to the other children and he scratched my son and made him bleed. When his mum asked how he had been, I couldn't lie, so I just said "awful"! I was disappointed that she had just left him. My sister came up from London for the party and was an absolute star with the kids. Both of mine were so sad when she went home. We went for a visit to Skipton Castle, which was really good fun. The girl took her new doll and the boy just took energy!
I don't know what has happened in the last couple of days, possibly I am just tired, but I have been feeling really negative, which is unlike me. I feel overwhelmed. There is so much going on and not enough time. I am behind on university work and I am really scared that I am going to stuff up my degree. I have entered a serious phase of self-doubt.
Hoping that I start feeling happier soon.
Without further ado, here is what has made me happy this week...
- Beautiful blue skies. This is the Manchester wheel. I didn't go on it, but I was seriously impressed with how large it is.
- Beyonce. She was amazing. Absolutely amazing.
- Visiting Skipton castle in the sunshine. I love exploring this castle and I think it's amazing that half of it is still lived in!
- My daughter walking her new baby. She even let him share her George pig. Yes, I know she has her wellies on the wrong feet. If you want to try telling her, then give it a go, she won't listen to me.
- Doing DIY at home. I pity my husband coming home to discover the latest thing I have
dismantledfixed. I did finish this job though and the new fireplace is firmly stuck to the wall!
- Sunshine. Such beautiful sunshine early in the morning.
- Sunrises. Beautiful sunrises. I have hung my washing out this week lots of times and it smells so nice when you bring it in.
- Cupcakes! I enjoyed making cakes for my daughter's birthday. I especially enjoyed helping to eat them.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.