This week I have been hunkering down and cracking on with the dissertation. Next week when I write my post it will have been handed in. Which will be really weird. So it's been a busy week academically, meaning less time with my children. I am so pleased we have a wonderful childminder who the children adore. The boy loves the holidays because it means he gets to go and see her. My mum and sisters came up this weekend and we spent Easter Day together. It was so nice to see everyone, especially my youngest sister, who is in the middle of preparations to emigrate.
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- We went on a trip to Nickelodeon Land at Blackpool Pleasure Beach on Wednesday and it was fantastic fun. A full review will follow. We were seriously impressed with the girl who has so far refused to go on any rides, but went on every single one and loved them all. The only time she cried was when we couldn't stay on the rides and go on again.
- Candyfloss. Both children got to try their first ever taste of it. The boy said it was his favourite part of the day.
- Lambs. They make me smile so much. I love how joyful they are, skipping and jumping through the fields. These are in the field outside the childminder's house and are a couple of weeks old now.
- My sister makes some pretty immense dens which the children love. This one was great fun and even I could fit into it. Just.
- The view from my Grandma's. I just love it. Being there makes me so happy!
- Seeing how excited the boy was to clean his play house. It needed a good clean after the winter. I was very impressed with his efforts.
- The protective ewe looking after her lamb early in the morning.
- Looking for Easter eggs on an Easter egg hunt in the garden. It was so nice to see the glee on the children's faces.
- Making our ways through all of these Easter eggs. We were sent them to review by Thorntons, you can read about them here.
- Sunshine. I will never tire of telling you how much I love sunshine. Even when it just pokes through the clouds. It just makes me happy. I love being able to dry the washing and the amazing smell of clean washing. Lovely.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.