This week has been a bit tough, which was slightly unexpected. The boy was sick on Wednesday night, which meant that he couldn't go to school for 48 hours, even though he was absolutely fine by Thursday morning. So my revision took a bit of a battering. Well, it didn't actually happen! So I was a bit stressed going in to the weekend. My Grandma's health is continuing to deteriorate, which makes me ridiculously sad. I hate seeing her fade. So I have spent a large part of this week bursting into tears whenever anyone mentions her. In addition to this I have been a bit stressed about my exams starting. It seems odd that I only have five weeks left of university. My first exam was today, and I am really pleased that I have got one out of the way. The next one is on Thursday and is my economics exam, which I am petrified about, but I shall cross that bridge when I come to it!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- This picture makes me happy. It was a stormy morning, but somehow the picture just makes me smile, it looks so atmospheric!
- A bike ride to the swimming pool with the boy. I love watching him ride his bike, it makes me so ridiculously proud.
- Finally giving in and taking the ipad to the boy's swimming lessons. Usually the girl is tired and grumpy, but she didn't utter a word whilst watching Mary Poppins!
- Obviously it wasn't nice that the boy was sick, or that I didn't get much revision done, but it was nice to spend time with him, and see how Bruce the cat looked after him too!
- I bought a caterpillar set and have been amazed at how much they have grown in just a couple of days. To be honest, I am really excited about seeing them grow and change as I've never seen it before.
- Checking out these fish in a tank in a fish and chip restaurant.
- Starting the boy off on his first ever Panini World Cup sticker book. Although I think my husband and I are enjoying it a bit more than the boy!
- This absolutely spectacular sunset in Lancaster yesterday evening. Don't you just love how vivid the greens are at this time of year?