Sorry for the silence. I have been struggling the past two weeks. I thought when I finished university that I would have more time for everything, but I was wrong. My Grandma's health has deteriorated and I cannot bear seeing her so poorly. Cancer is horrible. I have also been trying to decorate my Grandma's house for when we move in July and this weekend my Dad came up to sort our kitchen out. Unfortunately everything has taken longer than imagined which has been quite frustrating. I have barely stopped. Sometimes it feels as though I can't find me any more because I am giving so much to others. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it can be difficult. I get my university results on Thursday and I am so nervous it makes me feel sick thinking about it. I have worked so hard and I know I don't need a specific grade for a career and that is great, but I expect a certain standard from myself and I will be bitterly disappointed if I don't do well. So I'm sorry that I haven't posted much in the past two weeks, but there is a lot going on.
Without further ado, here is what has made me happy this week...
- Going to a fancy dress party. It was a good friend's 40th birthday and everyone had to dress up as something beginning with 'S'. I love my outfit!
- My cat somehow managed to climb up to the first floor window and was a bit stuck. It made me happy to get him inside again.
- Sunshine and gorgeous days. It is so nice when it's sunny. Even when the clouds look rather menacing occasionally!
- My daughter deciding that sitting in a paddling pool wasn't enough fun, so she had to sit in a bucket!
- Paddling pool entertainment after school. I love that it has been warm enough after school to get the pool out and play in the front yard.
- Knocking our kitchen about. This has been my vision for our kitchen since we moved in but it has been a long time coming. It made me happy to see progress.
- A beautiful day for sports day. I came second in the mum's race which I was quite proud of. It made me realise just how much I used to love sprinting!
- The night sky with the silhouettes from the neighbour's chimneys.
How about you? What are the little things which have made you happy recently?
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.