Firstly, apologies there was no post last week. It all got a bit stressful with exams, children being ill and my husband hobbling about obviously in pain. I had an exam last Wednesday which I thought had gone well, until I realised that I had answered the question completely incorrectly. I have put it behind me now because there's nothing I can do about it. These exams have been the most frustrating that I have ever done. It really doesn't help that they are my final ones! On the positive side, I only have one left and then I am done forever! Although even as I type that, there is a niggle in me that I will have failed my exams and have to do resits. Sometimes I doubt myself a bit too much!
Anyway, I am rambling. Here is what has made me happy for the past two weeks...
- This red postbox. The colours were so vibrant on a rainy day.
- The caterpillars have finally gone into their cocoons. I am slightly concerned they will come out when we go away this weekend though!
- This giant rainbow cake. We went to a new cafe because we had heard good things about it. The children shared a slice but it ended up defeating our entire family!
- My daughter made me giggle. She always insists on getting into display beds in shops. Obviously she took her shoes off first and I re-made the bed when she got out!
- My daughter helping her great-grandma with the gardening. She was so eager to help. My grandma is determined to do as much as she can, even though she feels awful.
- This tap at my grandma's. I just love it. Random, but true.
- Beautiful views. This tree is changing almost daily at the moment and looks stunning.
- The field outside my grandma's is full of buttercups at the moment and just looks fabulous.
- My daughter picking daisies. She just looked so ridiculously cute crouched in the field.
- This daisy. I don't understand how they don't get dirty in the rain!
How about you? What are the little things which have made you happy recently.
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.