Well what a week! The first thing I have to tell you is that I got a 2:1 in my degree! I am so, so happy about it. I can't quite believe it. I got my results on Wednesday rather randomly because the economics department published them without telling any of us. I was expecting to get them the next day from the PPR department. When I left school at 16 I never could have imagined that I would one day have a degree, let alone in philosophy, politics and economics!
Sadly we had to cancel a holiday for last week because it was just too far away from my Grandma. The boy had the week off school though, so I made sure we had two days off together. We went to Lightwater Valley and had a wonderful time. A full review will follow shortly. I also took the children to the seaside for one night and survived in a hotel by myself with them. It was actually really good fun!
Here's what has made me happy this week...
- My uncle found this bee orchid in the field at my grandma's. It was the first he had ever seen in his life and he was so excited about it.
- This amazing strawberry I picked at grandma's. It was absolutely delicious. She has a wonderful crop this year.
- These fairground horses at Lightwater Valley. I love the intricate detail on them.
- Amazing clouds and beautiful sunshine.
- Mint choc chip ice cream at the seaside.
- Watching the children play at the seaside. It was a bit chilly when we got there, but luckily warmed up. We also had the beach to ourselves, which was brilliant.
- Beautiful mornings. I love living up here, I really do!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.