I am feeling a little better. I think the doctor has got the medication right now and I no longer look like I am six months pregnant and massively bloated. Which is good. My blood tests have shown that my ovaries aren't working properly, so I am booked in for an ultrasound on Thursday as they suspect there may be a cyst there. It would certainly explain a lot of the symptoms I have been having recently. We've been busy in the B&B which has been nice and it has generally been quite hectic over the past week with bookings coming in for next year. We're also trying to organise a New Year's Eve party at home because it will be nice to be here for a change and to spend it with our friends.
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- Thinking of my Grandma on what would have been her 85th birthday. We each had a small cake, lit a candle and thought about her for a moment before we blew it out. It was really nice just to take a minute to think about happy memories.
- My cat sleeping in a drawer. I only left it open for a minute in the kitchen before she jumped into it and promptly fell asleep. It doesn't look very comfortable!
- I don't know why these sheep line up for their photo to be taken, but so far they have done it every time! It does make me smile.
- The first frost. We have been lucky to get into December before the first frost hit, but it really is beautiful when it finally arrived.
- A few days after the first frost we had our first snow. It came down in a huge swirly snowstorm with massive flakes. Then fifteen minutes later it had gone, leaving a light dusting behind and an afternoon of sunshine.
- More stunning sunrises. This view is so gorgeous, even on an incredibly frosty morning!
If you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.