It has been a good week. My daughter celebrated her fourth birthday and has announced that she is now "grown up". It was the first year that she has really appreciated her birthday and it was lovely to see. This week sees my son turn six, and they will be having a joint birthday party this weekend. I am not sure how it will go as there will be a lot of children, ranging from two to eight! We'll see what the weekend brings. My mum has been up since Thursday and it has been lovely to see her. The children are enjoying being dropped off and picked up by someone other than me and my husband too!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- Standing on the edge of a football pitch in the freezing cold on a Sunday morning. Seeing my son's face when he plays football is absolutely wonderful. The joy it brings him spreads a huge smile across my face!
- Gorgeous sunny mornings. There haven't been many of them this week, so I have enjoyed them on the occasions they happen.
- These name badges my daughter made for us all so that we would know who we are! I love them, what a cute idea.
- Anna marrying Spiderman. It was a nice touch when the children were playing with LEGO and it made me smile!
- Twenty minutes before I took this picture there was no snow on the ground. I was amazed at the speed it settled and that it hasn't stopped snowing much since! It surprised me as I hadn't looked at the weather forecast.
- Waking up to snowy mornings. I know I probably shouldn't like snow, but I think it's great!
- Snowdrops in the garden. They are just so delicate and they remind me of my grandma every time I look at them.
I would love it if you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', and it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.