Sorry for the break over the past two weeks. We have had a lot of illness in the house and we have all been laid low for a while. My blog took a bit of a back seat, as it should on such occasions. I have still been making sure I see the good in everything and make the most of the day (even if that means staying in bed until I feel better). I won't try and catch up on the last few weeks, but will start afresh with this week.
Without further ado, here is what has made me happy this week:
- Finding a butterfly in one of the guest bedrooms. I was cleaning and found it fluttering by the window. I let it fly out of the window and it soon disappeared.
- Spotting this tiny feather on the driveway. It was covered in droplets from the drizzle which had been falling down.
- Bruce the cat rolling round in a rusty wheelbarrow in the sunshine.
- My son did really well in his swimming and got two certificates last week. I am so proud of him because he has really struggled moving from a shallow to a deep pool.
- Freezing fog. This in itself didn't make me happy, but the impact it had on all the plants and cobwebs was incredibly beautiful.
- Sunday was gorgeous and my son requested a picnic. It was a perfect idea, so he sat out in the sunshine and enjoyed his picnic after his rugby practice.
- My four year old daughter driving our car. She loves doing this and likes to take the wheel at the top of the drive down to the house!
- The frost on these hazlenut catkins. It forms in such a gorgeous way and looked amazing before it melted.
- My daughter has been poorly, which obviously doesn't make me happy. But she fell asleep on me, which hasn't happened since she was a baby and it was wonderful.
- My son has been looking out for her too, making sure that she is ok and I adore this picture of them walking home from school.
- Sunday was so warm and we went to the park and then down to the river, spotting lots of sheep seeking safety on the tops of the hill.
- My daughter offered a sheep her ice cream, but it didn't seem impressed!
- Sunshine! This never fails to make me happy. Waking up to the sun shining down just lifts your soul in the morning.
- This lone sheep wandering across our path, but keeping a close eye on us. The backdrop behind it is sensational!
I would love it if you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', and it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.To find out why I started this linky, click here.