This week I achieved a personal target for the year, and something I have wanted to do for a few years. I spoke at a blogging conference. Yes, I felt slightly sick with nerves beforehand, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it. So much so that I would love to do it again! We have been busy again at the B&B and we are finding our feet with how everything works when we're busy! It's slightly tough when I have to get the children to school too. I am beginning to count down to our holiday now too. We are flying abroad in May and I am really rather excited about it!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- I seem to be taking a lot of pictures of bees this week. The sun was out, it was warm and the bees were out in force collecting pollen to take home. They have been encouraging me to look in more detail at the flowers around us.
- My first ever morning waking up in Birmingham. Blog Camp was so much fun, as was the gin and tonic I had on the train on the way home.
- A picnic with my beautiful girl in the park. We were killing time between toddler group and having my hair cut, but it was a really nice time sitting next to the daisies.
- Finding a frog in the pond at home. There were three in there and I am really hoping they were there to bring some frogspawn, it would be great to see some tadpoles!
- Showing my slightly crazy way of filming moving timelapse videos. This egg timer is one of my favourite things to use.
- An amazing sunset on my way home from Birmingham. It was one of those that I had to stop specifically to take a picture.
- The different, but similarly beautiful mornings we had for most of the week. It was nice to get some summer clothes on and feel the warmth on my skin. I have also spent a lot of time in the greenhouse tending to my little seeds.
- Having a family film afternoon watching the new Annie movie. We had popcorn with melted chocolate on top which was delicious.
- Watching the film meant I got some wonderful cuddles with my children, which was lovely. I still prefer the original Annie movie, but I enjoyed the new one too.
- We woke up this morning to more snow (I know, seriously)! It hailed loads throughout the day. It does look pretty, but I would like some warmer weather back now please.
I would love it if you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', and it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.To find out why I started this linky, click here.