The countdown has officially begun! To be honest, the unofficial countdown has been going on for a long time, but it is now under a week until we go on our first family holiday abroad in a hotel. To say I am excited is an understatement. In all honesty, I am slightly concerned that I am building my expectations up too much, but the promise of childcare and time alone by the pool reading a book is almost too good to be true! We have twelve guests staying on Friday night, so we are going to be in need of a break by the time we board a plane on Sunday!
This week has been rather chilly and rainy, interspersed with flashes of sun, a sign of the summer to come and a promise of warmer weather.
Here's what has made me happy this week...
- My husband and I took a trip to Betty's in Harrogate. It was a trip to sort out our re-mortgage, but we made the most of it with a treat for lunch! I love going to Betty's. There is something so decadent about it, even though a trip is not massively expensive!
- Picking fresh asparagus from the garden. My husband and children don't like it, so the asparagus is all for me! Although I fear I may be sick of it in a few weeks.
- Taking a moment out. It's pretty rare. I bought a grown-up colouring book and my daughter and I coloured in our own books for fifteen minutes. It was long enough to drink a cup of tea and simply relax. Absolute bliss!
- Eating Yorkshire puddings. I make exceptionally good ones, even if I do say so myself. My dad once was in the Guiness Book of Record for making the largest Yorkshire pudding in the world, so I think it could be genetic!
- Pottering in the greenhouse. We have a huge plot to grow vegetables in and I am doing my best to live up to my Grandma's fabulous legacy of prize-winning vegetables and fruit! I am really enjoying the moments of peace in the greenhouse. It's warm in there and I can see why the seeds like it!
- Seeing blossom on the trees and signs of life all around. The blossom is so delicate and falls to the ground like the most graceful confetti.
- Sunny mornings. We have had some very changeable weather, but it has been nice to start the day with sunshine.
- Seeing our cat Bella completely relaxed. She is surprisingly rubbish at chilling out, so it is amazing to see her relaxed and happy.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.To find out why I started this linky, click here.