Finally it seems to be calming down at the B&B. Well, I say that but we're fully booked this weekend coming! However, we had a quiet weekend with just three guests who stayed three nights and it was really nice. It was lovely to be able to relax a bit more and spend some time with our children without me having to run off and tidy bedrooms! Due to my appalling timing with planting vegetables in the garden, we now have a bumper crop of runner beans, carrots and beetroot. It's been wonderful being able to pick our tea, and seeing the children wolf down runner beans is pretty good too!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- Absolutely stunning sunrises. It has been such a glorious week with clear skies and the sky turning such wonderful colours.
- Picking apples from the tree. I made a blackberry and apple kind of Eve's pudding this week and it was delicious!
- Finding the bees still at work in the garden. I am glad we have a few plants they are still able to get some nectar from.
- Watching my son play in his first football tournament for school. The tournament was for years three and four and he is in year two so was very pleased to be picked. They won as well, so he now has a gold medal to boot!
- This picture of Bruce. I wondered if it was something I said! He has since been in a fight and is feeling very sorry for himself as he's on antibiotics now.
- The burst of colour that fuchsias bring to the garden at the moment. They are so delicate.
- My daughter loves worms. She is never happier than when she is in the garden, with her shoes off, talking to worms! I was digging the garden on Saturday and she was in her element walking behind me and finding worms.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.To find out why I started this linky, click here.