A week off! It was so, so nice to relax for a week, chill out and spend time away from the house and business. We went to Center Parcs in Port Zelande, Holland and I shall be writing up a review soon, so keep your eyes peeled if you're interested. I have also celebrated my birthday this week, which is always enjoyable. It was especially nice to spend it with friends and family and not at work!
Here is what has made me happy this week...
- The huge expanse of beach near the Center Parcs we were staying at. When we first saw that huge expanse of sand we were all so excited! The only thing we had to watch out for were kite surfers who were speeding by!
- Watching my daughter finding fish in the sea. She adores the seaside and takes her shoes and socks off as soon as we arrive, no matter how cold it is!
- Spending time by the sea. Something about the clear air and open expanses. Perfect.
- My birthday! These were our Prosecco chasers before our pints of Heineken. It was a good night!
- Simply breathtaking autumn skies, with a few leaves clinging on to the trees.
- Standing on the end of a jetty looking down and trying to find fishes for my daughter to catch.
- On the only dull day of our holiday, this swan brightened up the water!
- Seeing the sun rise over the Port of Hull on our arrival back into the UK. Something about the expanse of sea and the reflection of the sun is so pleasing.
- Being back home again and seeing the fog disappearing over the hills when large parts of the rest of the UK was covered in fog all day.
- The inquisitive sheep in the field. They came over just as I was taking a picture of the sun setting. Perfect timing.
I would love it if you would like to join in with 'What has made me happy', and it couldn't be simpler. Write a blog post with your reasons and then link up in the widget below. Feel free to also use the badge, but there is no obligation.
To add this badge to your post, copy the html below the picture and paste it into the html of your blog post.
To find out why I started this linky, click here.